Tuesday, January 26, 2010

where have I been?

Note, please, that my post title is in the form of a question.

Yeah, so, I was missing from here for more than a week. Not because I am a jerk (which, well, I kind of am, but still!). But because of a small amount of travel. I went to Los Angeles for a game show. Note, once again, the formatting of my post title.

Oh fine. I was on Jeopardy.

I can't tell you how I did (at all), but very simply, I buzzed in as much as I could, high fived Alex Trebek (seriously), and used this very site as my story-about-myself (tune on on April 6 to hear me chirp "and I have a website!" as Mr. Trebek moves to ask the next contestant something about Kevin Spacey).

I was hoping to be able to show you all kinds of potentially-scout-related LA business, but I learned something important on my trip: Southern California is not equipped for rain. At all. We saw floods, blocked up storm drains, standing water of all sorts, but very little of the standard California tourist-y things. (Could this relate to the Public Health badge's requirements to understand the sanitation of a camp? I think I addressed that sufficiently once before when I spent a lot of time talking about toilets, but then, I'm kind of grasping at straws here.)

Regardless, back to NY, back to the badges. This should be the last of the wintry distractions that's been taking me away from the handbook. So, hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! We get to see the Scoutmaster Emily on TV!!?? When should I set my VCR to record? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah!

    it'll be on april 6, I think. I'm not too embarrassed with how I did, though there was a moment in which I said something I kind of shouldn't have to alex. I'll leave it at that, unless it gets cut from the final broadcast, in which case I'll have to fess up later.

    ReplyDelete