Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I mean this in the least-weird way possible

But my lips are totally vibrating right now.

I'm back on the bugle. I've decided that practicing with just the mouthpiece is way quieter, and thus is totally acceptable for apartment dwelling. Therefore, I had my most-serious (which isn't saying much) bugle rehearsal in months. (John is a saint for this, or totally deaf. I'm leaning towards saint, though.) I've gotta keep it up, though -- otherwise, it's just temporary irritation with no payoff.

Coming back to public health, I'd momentarily hoped I could track down a volunteering opportunity with the board of health (and thereby identify the way a scout can cooperate with the BoH to prevent diseases), I learned, instead, about an organization I'd never before heard of. ServNY calls upon health care professionals (sadly, no scouts) to join an emergency response registry. It's a great idea, and one I need to learn more about in the next few days -- not to join, of course (I'm entirely unqualified), but to, well, learn something new. Let's see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment