Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dome photos

As promised, I've got me some dome photos. Despite serious after-school effort (in which I was aided by whole battalions of first graders, and in which I was able to make the dome stand up if I sat inside it and pushed against the top center), the dome is dead.

Long live the dome.

I'm out of masking tape, my hands are permanently be-newsprinted, and I will scream if I have another paper triangle conk me on the head. (Also, please note that my classroom is usually much cleaner, but it's impossible to vacuum underneath a giant, newspaper dome, and things are getting a little skeevy under there. Ew.) So, while I'm reluctant to abandon a project like this, I think the time has come.

Tonight, in honor of John's birthday, I made an enormous number of bittersweet chocolate truffles, some of which were flavored with balsamic vinegar and some with vanilla. Oddly, I am firmly on team balsamic. The kitchen (well, the section of my apartment's living room that acts as a kitchen) is covered with chocolate, but it's also covered with delicious. I favor the Alton Brown recipe, but without brandy because a scout is temperate and also because I don't like brandy. Give it a shot, folks -- labor-intensive but delicious.

Tomorrow? A return to public health. In the meantime, be sure to wash your hands, boil your water, and pasteurize your milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment