Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just in case you know . . .

Last summer, I was pursuing the bee farming badge when I learned that honey can (allegedly) help combat seasonal allergies. As someone with dramatically (and occasionally hilariously) bad seasonal allergies -- like, I got sent home from school all the time as a kid -- I was pretty psyched. But as someone who prefers to use medical strategies that are actually proven to work, I was doubtful.

Nevertheless, I am also a person who likes to eat things that are delicious. Who isn't? So last night, I went out and bought myself some local honey (I've used up my stuff from last summer already!). On the train home, I noticed something, though. My new 1 lb jar of honey had broken inside my purse. The bee farming badge not only did not prepare me for this, not even a little.

Anyone got any tips for cleaning a pound of honey off of a very lovely camel colored leather purse?

1 comment:

  1. No advice...honey is just such a mess! Hope that you at least got some honey to eat and try out the theory.

    ReplyDelete