Monday, February 1, 2010

Javier the ibex

Yes, Javier isn't a Bronze Age kind of name.

Tough.

Also, I'm still debating the addition of his horns. See, I spent a lot of time today with Javi. He came to work with me. He toured lower Manhattan. And, eventually, he told me something. "Dude," he said, "I'm an ibex, no question. Nice city you have here. By the way, I'm so not sold on the horns."

Honestly, neither am I. I mounted them on his little ibex-head today, but they look, well, unnecessary. He may receive a smidge of paint instead and we'll be done with it. What do you think? (If I give him a metallic paint job, would he stand up to his actual-Cycladic cousin? Questionable. But still.)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's a female Ibex and doesn't have horns! Still, a great job! Looks very Bronze Age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not an ibex, it's Pokey, Gumby's burro-pal!!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/snailbooty/25619409/

    Definitely a Classical-period TV sculpture.

    ReplyDelete